Contacts not automatically saved

email address not automatically stored when mail is sent to recipient. How to set this properly?

Unfortunately, it is not possible at the moment because this functionality has not been implemented yet.

Hi George, so sorry about my english, im from BRazil and my language is Portuguese, but i have a question, i need the contact not save automátic when i send or i receive one email, I see sometimes i have others contacts and i dont want this contacts in my account i just need put contacts when i need and not make this automatic ok i Think is diferente what the Paragon need he need what i see do and i need dont save automatic emails in my list . Where i cancel this for not save contacts in mode automatic to  my list.

Hello Augusto, sorry but not completely sure if I follow, can you please make a screenshot of the issue or try to explain it more closely?
What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Sorry, for posting in old topic, but I have the same question: is there any way to save contacts after replying to an email?

Kind regards

The addresses will be saved and you can access them in  Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Compose > Recipients History. Right-click on one or more of them and choose Save as Contacts.

Thank you, didn’t know about the right click. Useful.

But it will be useful to autosave contact to selected address book when replying.

I agree, but at least those addresses are offered as options when addressing messages the same as contacts in your Contact folder. You just have to manually move them every so often.

Hope they implement this feature. I really like eM Client Pro.

If you would like to put if forward as an Idea, I am sure it will be considered. To do that create a new post on this forum and choose Idea.

I have made a feature request here - Automatically add new Contacts when e-mails received and sent - Feature request - eM Client