contacts history on the right - select folders for index?

How can I select which folder should be indexed for the history?

So we have an archive folder where all in/outgoing messages of the last 5 years are stored.
The index now show me all the message twice, one from my “normal” used folder and one from the archiv folder.

I need to switch of the archive folder for the index or just select which folders I’d like to index.

1 Like

Hello,
in version 3.5 go to Contact Details box and click on options right to the search box and then choose Select folders.

Hi there, I realise this is an old query, but this is not still working. I have selected folders to monitor only the inbox, but this pane shows all mails in all folders from that contact.

Thanks.

Yes, the right-sidebar contacts view will show all emails for contacts in the folder that is specified. That is it’s purpose.

First click on the settings cog and choose the folders to view:

Doesn’t work for me.

It seems to be filtering for all folders named “inbox”, including “oldinbox”, “archiveinbox” etc.

Second image…

Can you expand the down arrow next to Local Folders.

Maybe there are some folders ticked.

Definitely nothing else. ticked. I tried renaming some of the old inbox imported folders to in_box, but it is still including them.

Still including folders with “inbox” renamed “in_box”

Actual folder referenced in previous screenshot, unticked.

contacthist5

Even after I recreated your folder structure under Local Folders, I am not able to reproduce it.

What version of eM Client are you using Karl?

8.1.1054 - just updated today!

One thing you can try is to backup eM Client using Menu > Backup, then close eM Client and delete C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\settings.dat.

Restart eM Client and see if there is any difference with the default settings.

If that doesn’t help, you can go back to your previous settings using Menu > File > Restore and select the backup you just made.