Contact History

Is is possible to attach a task to a given contact? Also, is it possible to view the communications (email) history with a contact?

Never mind. I figured it out. DOH!

Wait - I figured out the history part - I still need an answer to the question about attaching a Task to a contact. Sorry.

When you create a task, you can assign it to multiple contacts - just doubleclick the task, go to the tab Assign and choose a contact from your contact list.
Attaching a Task to a contact is not possible at the moment.

Yes, but that actually ASSIGNS the task to them. I want to use it as a means of linking the task (that is for me) to the contact. For example, a contact named John Smith, and an taks that says “CALL JOHN SMITH” with a specific date - and have the task show up in the Contact History.

That would be REALLY REALLY helpful. You can probably do it but assigning the task to the action, but giving an option of NOT notifying the contact

I understand - I will discuss it with our developers and will let you know if they decide to implement this feature.

I know this is an old post, but I would have to agree at how useful this feature would be. Being able to add a contact to either a task or calendar event would save a bunch of time and effort on my end.