Contact card with photo stored to CardDAV server from eM Client causes iOS and Mac OS contact clients to crash

The problem seem to be that eM Client 3 stores "PHOTO;ENCODING"s in a different format than Apple. The crash logs shows a stack trace shows:
ABVCardLexer nextUnicodeStringStopTokens:quotedPrintable:trim:
ABVCardLexer nextStringInEncoding:quotedPrintable:stopTokens:trim:

eM Card creates the record:
PHOTO;ENCODING=“b”;TYPE=“image/jpeg”;X-ABCROP-RECTANGLE=ABClipRect_1&0&320&640&640&

Apple’s contact clients creates records like these:
PHOTO;ENCODING=b;TYPE=JPEG

The format mismatch and the stack trace makes it pretty clear what is going wrong. Deleting the encoded photo from the card created by eM Client stops the iOS and Mac OS contacts clients from crashing.

I have the complete CardDAV log for this problem if more information is required.

The server is DAViCal 0.9.9.3.

Hi Daniel,

I believe eM Client couldn’t have uploaded the record

PHOTO;ENCODING=“b”;TYPE=“image/jpeg”;X-ABCROP-RECTANGLE=ABClipRect_1&0&320&640&640&

Firstly, all photos we upload are stored as “image/png”. Secondly, “X-ABCROP-RECTANGLE” is a property used by Apple Address Book client.

You can send us the logs to [email protected] and we will verify the assumption.

Best regards,
Filip Navara

I’ve submitted a log excerpt to the address you mentioned. Thank you for investigating.