Constantly Synchronizing. High CPU Usage

Hello,

I have added a Office365 account to emClient. I added the account through the automatic steup option as explained here: http://www.emclient.com/em-with-microsoft-office-365
In general settings, emClient is set to Synchronize items every 5 minutes.

emClient seems to be constantly syncing this account (always seems to be sync activity showing on the bar at the bottom of the program windows) and when I look at task manager I see that emClient is using relatively high resources (5-15% cpu, 140 MB RAM) compared to other programs and constant network activity. I don’t think its just due to initial setup of the account because the sync activity has cycled through the folders in the account several times.

By contrast, Outlook 2013, connected to the same account, is generally exhibiting near 0% CPU, RAM of 80 MB, and near 0 network activity.

Can anything be done to prevent this constant activity from emClient or is it something I just have to live with?

Try to increase the period eM Client is synchronizing, e.g. to 10 minutes or 15 minutes.

Thanks, I’ll try this.

Does this also increase the send/receive interval?
It’s not clear to me if send/receive and synchronization are the same thing.

Ideally, I’d like to check for new mail every 5 minutes or so.

A single sync of my Office365 account seems to be taking about 5 minutes, so that explains why an auto sync interval of 5 minutes was leading to constant syncing. But I presume 5 minutes duration to complete each sync is excessive? My gmail account seems to take about a second to sync. 

I’m noticing that emClient seems to be very confused about the folders in my Office365 account.

It’s displaying emails in the wrong folders and its these folders that are taking a long time to sync.
Also, in some cases it’s not displaying the folders that these emails (the ones that are showing in the wrong folder) should be in.

Maybe this is the cause for the very long sync duration and high usage of system resources.

But how to resolve?

I’ve read another post on this forum mentioning issues with the folder structure of e-mails from Microsoft Office 365 … I assume eM Client team is busy looking for a solution.

Hi, can you please download and run this tool (http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe) if you’re still receiving an increased CPU/memory activity from the application.

Run the tool when you notice an increased activity in Task Manager and please send me the output file to [email protected]

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.