Constant Gmail IMAP errors

Hi Paul - Thanks for all the responses. You guys are very good! I have resolved the cause of these connection errors (see my prior post). Only Gmail exhibits this disconnect, and only starting recently. That suggested to me that something changed at Google since nothing really changed with Em Client recently. My DNS suspicion was correct, and we have proven it out conclusively in our office. I’d be happy to follow up with you with more detail and evidence if you like. Just let me know and I’ll email you.

Haven’t heard anything encouraging from support. Obviously many users are having this problem. Is it being investigated? Is there a fix in the works? An update would be appreciated.

Hi Paul. I am sorry for the delay in replying.  I’ve been much too busy (and I am retired!).  I’ll download the stack dump tool today.  I have noticed that I have had no shutdowns due to gmail’s IMAP situation for several days now, although there still can be lags in getting the texts for all incoming mails to show in the inbox and this sometimes requires me to shut down emClient and to restart it (and that doesn’t happen often).  I’ve turned on the logging for IMAP, and if the application stops responding, I’ll use the stack dump tool and will send it to you - if I can, together with the log file!  Sometimes if emClient freezes, it never unfreezes even after a long wait and I HAVE to force a shut down.  But as I say, things are much better now.  If it is any consolation, Thunderbird (which I use only as a backup program for testing gmail) also has been having more lags with gmail IMAP than it used to.  I deeply appreciate your efforts!

Hi, please when the application freezes run the tool on that moment, at least it’s easier to do it when it doesn’t unfreeze, after you have the stackdump created, send it to my email.

Thank you very much on your input, I hope we can solve this soon,
Paul.

I am having exactly the same error as the original poster. Version: 6.0.20154.0 Setup with one gmail account only. Have emailed you a “clean” log of just one failure. 

Many thanks

Julian

I have been using eM client for several years now and am currently on version 6.0.20154.0 and am having this issue as well and would be very interested in a permanent fix for this.

BTW, I am running only one email thru this as well (just an fyi)

also using the 6.0.20154.0 with Windows 8.1 - and getting the same error when trying to update the gmail account. contacts syncing also isn’t working .

Same issue with all of my “paid” clients. I get emails about this issue a couple of times a day. Any update from emclient? I am on windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server - latest client version (the update seems to have started this)

So how did you solve it??? What can i do to make this constant error stop?

Thanks in advance,

Anders

Hi Paul, the situation with Gmail IMAP “stalling” at times has improved but just today it stalled for a long while (different than “freezing,” which hasn’t happened for a week.  I’ll send you the stack dump by email shortly.

Ditto…Just started having this issue within the past couple of days. Having to restart computer and that only works for a short period.

Same here

Still having the same problem here. Reported it. Sent in logs and was told the following:

“This is a common problem related to Network connection. The I/O stream disposed error message means that the connection was interrupted so I recommend you to check the problem with your network administrator. However, we are already working on an update that won’t display those error messages so often so they don’t bother you.”

I have a solid connection with my ISP. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2013. The latest updated did not fix this. Looking forward to a fix so that I can finally jump ship from Outlook. I absolutely love eM Client, apart from this one issue. 

Many thanks

Jules

I second That ! Same issues, same Situation

Hi Andres - if you provide an email address, I’ll connect offline with you?

Please provide steps for the rest of us with this problem. As I am sure you don’t want to connect with each of us and walk us all thru it separately. This would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Charles, if you’re seeing the I/O error as the original poster, please be patient, this is a bit more complicated issue and we’re working on a solution for this problem, hopefully it will come soon. I’m sure all of you here are tired of this issue.

Thank you for understanding, I’m sorry you’re experiencing this,
Paul.

Any update on this issue folks? I have the same and I’m not going back to outlook as I am a paid Google business subscriber…

Updated to latest version - we still have the issue. Also “Paul Harris” - if you have a Google business account you can use MAPI and outlook together until this issue is fixed.
http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/…