Consistency check failed-malformed database-new Win7 PC transfer

I received this error message after transfering from a WinXP PC to a Win& PC
"Consistency check failed with the following error:The database disk image is malformed
malformed database schema (LocalMailsIndex3_contentIndex)-no such table:mail_fti.LocalMailsIndex3_content
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: The database disk image is malformed
malformed database schema (LocalMailsIndex3_contentIndex) - no such table: main.LocalMailsIndex3_content
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

Hi,
what did you mean by “transfering” ? Did you copy all contents of C:\Document and Settings[YourUsername]\Application Data\eM Client directory (from your WinXP) to C:\Users[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client directory at your Win7 PC ?

Yes-I was using the Windows Easy Transfer Program after installing eMclient on the new computer.I had eMclient up and running(receiving email on the new PC)before the transfer took place.I closed the program on both computers before attempting the transfer.
Last night I uninstalled eMclient on the new PC and reinstalled it without opening the program.I copied the Application Data folder for eMclient on the old PC to it’s desktop and then transfered it to the new PC’s desktop.I deleted the AppData\Roaming folder for eMclient from the new PC(it was there with the original data even though I did an uninstall preioiusly),and pasted the newly transferred folder into the Appdata\Roaming folder.(I may have restarted the new PC at this point-it was late and I don’t remember).When I open eMail,it worked fine.I rebooted again and everything is still working.
I am a novice at this stuff,but I got the idea for fixing it from a post by NTLS in another thread.

So it’s working all right now? Let us know if you have any troubles.

I recieved this message after running eM for 2 day an pc Vista Business 32bit format, intel i7; 4gb mem;
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: File opened that is not a database file
file is encrypted or is not a database
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)
Not exactly the same as Sue but regarding the same db embedded engine used by many applications. Please help!
John
[email protected]
Did i say please help?

Hi,

there are three things you can do to remedy this situation:

1. Update to the latest version available at http://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/s… and then go to Start -> Run and type the following:
    “C:\Program Files\eM Client\DbRepair.exe” /checkall
    or alternatively, if you use 64-bit system:
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe” /checkall

2. Download a tool from http://www.emclient.com/tools/DbRepai… and run it.

3. Delete the database files located in C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (on Windows Vista/Windows 7) or C:\Documents and Settings[your user name]\Application Data\eM Client (on Windows XP). This will remove all settings though.

Best regards