connectionexception

I am seeing the following in my log every time I launch eM Client - I am unable to download any new emails. I am using version 7.0.28822.0

12:13:40 PM p…@gmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder p…@gmail.com/12:14:01 PM p…@gmail.com [IMAP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
12:14:01 PM    — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
12:14:01 PM    at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
12:14:01 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.b__0()
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func`1 getStream)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:14:01 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:14:01 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Don’t use this version of eM Client.  it is known to be problematic and was pulled by eM Client…  Update to 7.0.30242.0 by going here:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v7.0.30242/setup.msi?_ga=2.40279270.51105793.1495643452-530312188.14537…

Hopefully, this will solve your problems.

Thanks for the quick response - I installed the update and verified that I am now running the new version. But I see the same stack trace in the log.

Log mentions that connection was forcibly closed by the host.  This may be due to antivirus software.  Maybe try turning it off momentarily and see it the error persists.  If yes, you will need to create a rule in the AV software.  If no, do you have 2-step verification enabled?  Did you get an app-specific password?

I am working from home on the same system and I’ve got a VPN connection to my work network. I suppose that could be interfering - I will test later when I am done working. Altho I can connect to the internet using Chrome - which is how I am posting to this website…
Thanks!

I finally re-tested this morning after I shut down the VPN - I don’t see the error and em Client was able to download all of my new emails. So I will blame the VPN for this. 
Thanks for the help