connection to pop failed

I have had eM on my desktop for a long time, today I’m trying to add it to my laptop. I have copied the details in the account set up exactly the same but while smtp works fine in the test, pop will not work. I have added a snipping of what the error box keeps saying. thank you for any help offered.

OK, sorry, I couldn’t find where to add an attachment.

Hi, while replying to a post there’s a little camera button, click on that button and you’ll be able to upload a picture to the forum.
What version of eM Client are you currently using and what mail service provider are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thank you!
My version is 6.0.20648.
My provider is Rogers which uses Yahoo to power its email.
As I said, it all works fine on my desktop.

How did you setup the account? Did you use the automatic setup?

Thank you,
Paul.

No, I did it manually so I could put in the exact same settings as on my desktop.

Can you please try to use the automatic setup?

Thank you,
Paul.

I tried the automatic setup first but it never gave me a ‘pop’ tab to work with. There was an ‘smtp’ and some other one but no ‘pop’.

I have fixed it!! I just kept altering the settings until one worked, odd that its not the same as my computer. Thanks for your help.

Hi again, glad you’ve resolved the issue, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.