Column Headings in Mail

I’m using Version 6.0.21040.0 - just downloaded it this morning. I used the View, Columns dialog box to change the column headings that I want to see.  When I click OK, the only thing that I see above my emails in any kind of column headings is “Sorted by received” and on the right “Newest” and that seems to be how the Inbox is sorted.  There are NO column headings.  My mail is stored in Local Folders.  How can I get column headings to appear?  Without them, this application is pretty useless. Thanks.

Just found the answer by cruising around Settings, Mail.  Once I changed the Message List option to " Always used single-line layout", the column headings appeared.  Thought I’d post this in case it helps someone else out.

Hi Bonnie, glad you were able to resolve this, compact view unfortunately can only display the sorting columns and a limited amount of information based on the other columns settings, so in some cases even by adding the columns no more information can show up in the compact view.

Thank you for sharing your solution and make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Paul