Client deletes incoming messages without notification

New messages that arrive in my main inbox (Courier-IMAP), can be seen by other devices and programs just fine. But when I start up emClient, the new message is downloaded and instantly deleted. The screen flashes quickly when it does this.

When I check the server, the message is indeed nowhere to be found.

I checked if any message rules are set up to do this but they’re not. Very strange behavior from the last couple of days - haven’t had any trouble before…

Can I use logfiles somehow to find out what is happening?

Hello Laurens, if you’re still experiencing this, please check if you haven’t accidentaly blacklist some of the domains in Tools > Rules > Blacklist, in case you do, remove the blacklisted domains.

If the issue persists, please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP and Rules logging for the problematic account, save the settings and replicate the issue. Once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the log to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Also, please make sure you’re using the latest available release of eM Client (6.0.22465.0).

Thank you,

Hi Paul,

Well, the problem went away when I unchecked the blacklist and spam rules. Strange thing is, there were no relevant domains on the blacklist, so I’m wondering how it matched on those mails.

Also, the spam rules were as follows:

and

while the header of a matched mail show neither header as such:

So I can’t explain it. For now, I’ve disabled those rules and that fixes the problem, but of course that’s not an ideal situation…

Hello again Laurens, the “Spam filter” option in your Rules is essentially your server side filter, this rule only applies the server side filter to move your messages to the Junk folder (that’s why it can not be edited).

Based on this, I believe the junk is being filtered by the “SpamAssassing” spam filter applied to your mail server rather than the application, anyways glad it works now.

Please make sure to let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,