click to call function

Anybody miss a click-to-call function for contacts as in MS Outlook, as everybody is using more and more digital PBX with Voip ? Maybe choosing between using Skype or dial through PBX… Just an idea

We currently only support Skype, but we plan to implement support for systems that register the “callto:” URI scheme in the system.

I would like to see this work, if the scheme is with Phone Power. I use this system for my business.

It would be great to configure callto-Links with an external application. Is this feature on the road map?

It is in our todo list but I cannot tell you when exactly it will be implemented - I am sorry.

How much it would take to convert a text label with the phone number to a link calling tthe callto: protocol ???

Hi, what exactly are you having issues with now? For example if you’re using the right sidebar, under contact details, you can see a phone number which after a click opens up assigned application such as Skype or others. for a phone call to that phone number.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

I didn’t know that… anyway, why not in the Contact view? I tried to click the phone number in the right sidebar end a little info window of explorer.exe comes up telling me “Unable to find application”.
That means it is not calling a callto:// link, maybe a tel:// or (that would be really worst) a skype:// link ?

Hi again, can you make a screenshot of that window?
If no application is assigned to that function a window allowing you to choose which application to choose, it should be a tel:// link.

We’d like to add the feature to call from any number displayed in the application, but it’s currently under consideration for future releases.

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, sure! Please take into consideration thet my system’s language is italian.

Hi again, can you go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Association, and check if there’s an item Windows.contact.message+telephone associated with skype, or if there’s a multiple number of items like this associated with skype.

Can you maybe make a screenshot of that setup?

Thank you,
Paul.