Changing phone number on contact totally removes it from SmarterMail

I am using SmarterMail 12 and eM Client (6.0.20498.0) and have an issue where if I update the phone number for a contact the phone number gets removed totally. I can update phone numbers on my iPhone and it works fine.

I have looked in the logs on the server and the format sent by my iPhone does look different from what eM Client sends.

From eM Client:
TEL;TYPE=CELL:(111) 111-1111
TEL;TYPE=WORK,VOICE:(111)??111-1112

From iPhone:
TEL;type=CELL;type=VOICE;type=pref:(111) 111-1111
TEL;type=WORK;type=VOICE:(111) 111-1110

I am not sure if this is an issue with eM Client or the server but I wanted to post here first.

Hi, if you go to the contact details and click on the type of the phone number (like work,cell, etc.) a dropdown will appear, is it possible the phone number from eM Client is just hidden under another item?

Thank you,
Paul.

Unfortunately, no. The response from the server on the GET doesn’t contain anything except for the “Cell” type, which wasn’t modified only the “Work” field type was changed.

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on CardDav logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the issue occurs, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send the logs to mcgregor@emclient.com and please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul I just sent over the logs, let me know if you need anything else.

Hi, for anyone else following this issue, this is a server side compatibility issue with SmarterMail, which has to be resolved on their side.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.