Changing behaviour of message pane

Hi
I want the message pane to behave as it does in Microsoft Mail. That is:

I click on a message in the list of messages and this opens in the message pane.

I click on the message entry again and it clears it from the message pane (leaving the pane blank).

When I move a message that I am reading (i.e. it is open in the message pane) to a folder, it clears it from the message pane but eM Client does NOT go to the next message and open it - no message is selected and the message pane remains blank.

The same behaviour when I delete a message - do NOT open another message.

I cannot see how to get eM Client to do this.

Thanjs.

I click on a message in the list of messages and this opens in the message pane.

This does this by default to preview the message underneath “when you click on a subject”.

You can also set to preview messages on the right when you click the subject.

Also “disable the message preview” window altogether and then dbl-click the subject of each message to open them in a separate window.

See “Menu / View / Layout” for options.

I click on the message entry again and it clears it from the message pane (leaving the pane blank)

No eM Client doesn’t do that.

Thanks for the quick response @cyberzork .

It’s a shame that eM is not flexible enough to allow the behaviour I am after because of the way that the ‘next message’ and ‘mark as read’ settings work.

If, after reading a message I either move it to a folder or delete it, then eM will automatically open the next message. If this is an unread message then it will automatically be marked as ‘Read’ after x seconds, whether I have actually read it or not.

(I am aware that I can set the number of seconds, but setting it to a very high number has its own disadvantages.)

Looks like my search for the ideal email client continues…!

If, after reading a message I either move it to a folder or delete it, then eM will automatically open the next message. If this is an unread message then it will automatically be marked as ‘Read’ after x seconds, whether I have actually read it or not.

If you (enable) the option “Mark messages read after opening in separate window” and (disable) the option to “Mark messages read after displaying for x seconds”, then no emails will automatically get read “unless you dbl-click to open the emails” and won’t automatically mark read on the next message.