Changed from POP3 to IMAP - Problems

I had read here that to change my Comcast email from POP3 to IMAP, I should create a new account using the same email and set it up as IMAP, which I did. I also have my Gmail account on emClient.

When I set up the new IMAP account, I got a message saying I can only have two accounts. I felt that was okay because once I get IMAP going I can remove the POP3 account. Unfortunately, though, I started getting two copies of every new email in my “unread mail” folder–one to the POP3 account and one to the IMAP account, but nothing to the Gmail account. I went to my accounts and moved the IMAP to be first, with the star, then the Gmail second, and last the POP3. Even after doing that, I still cannot get my gmails, and I’m still getting two of the others.

Now, I would just go ahead and delete the POP3 account except for one problem: In my “sent” folder, only SOME of the emails carried over into the IMAP sent folder. The rest are still in the POP3 sent folder.

Is there any way to fix this? 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jean

If you are going to have more than two accounts during the process, you can always copy the messages from the POP3 account to Local Folders, then delete the POP3 account before adding the IMAP account.

If you can’t see the Local Folders, you can enable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.