Changed DB folder and lost all mail and accounts - How to restore all?

Hi, mail was constantly being received over and again, as unread mail. Many emails were received as unread more than once… so I thought I would change the folder… why? don’t even ask! :slight_smile: I reboot Client only to find that a fresh install had happened, and now I have no accounts and no mail … I tried using the one backup, only to receive an error :
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘D:\eM Client backups\backup_202307100952.zip’.
File name: ‘D:\eM Client backups\backup_202307100952.zip’
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<MainForm_Load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

If you changed the database location, you can change it back again. You do that in Menu > Settings > General > Storage. By default it is C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there. Once you make the change, restart eM Client.

Or if you want to restore eM Client, put the backup zip file in …\Documents\eM Client\ then use Menu > File > Restore.

Thanks Gary. I was going around the world and getting lost trying to sort it out… Much appreciated! Everything is back as it should be…