Change info of ics meeting

When I receive a .ics file it is correctly included in calendar but I’m not able to change any information (include new atendeek, change description or location, etc.). I can delete it with a message to send info to organizer. Is it possible to change data in appointment created from .ics file?

Attached you can find a screenshot of info I can see opening the appointment, Just Category and participation status can be changed.

Hello,

No, if you are invited into any event you can’t change info. that invitation is mean to be only as information for you that something is happening that is why you can do only limited actions with it.

We think that it is always responsibility of original creator to arrange everything necessary and to change meeting place for example.

regards
Jan

I understand your point of view but other applications (outlook, thunderbird, android calendar) have this functionality, allowing you to communicate changes to organizer or saving them locally (f.i. if you complete address in location) without communication.

Would you mind if I propose this as an idea for development?

Hello,

Yes, I will change this into “idea udner consideration” and if more people will request this then it will be implemented in the future, but we primarily focus on features requested sooner and/or by more people so it can take a while if accepted.

regards
Jan

Understood. Thanks for your interest.

I have seen It’s shown as “Implemented”. Maybe a mistake?

Hello,

yes, thread was marked as “Implemented” by mistake, sorry for confusion.

regards
Jan

It is essential to be able to edit such appointment i.e. fill the location (often people just send your their invite but do not type their full address, I always fill it afterwards since I use it from my Android calendar to get the GPS direction).
Thanks.
/Gianni

Hello,

I was asking about this again and response was that this is by design not editable, we plan to implement time change only and only on servers which supports it.

Edit of another informations is not available for same reason - most servers does not support it so it could cause problems or not being synchronized back at all.

I hope you understand this response.

with regards
Jan