certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

I’m running pop3 and everything seemed to be working fine until the last update to eM Client. I stated getting the above message saying that the server may not be the correct server as the certificate could not be validated.

Hi Gary, can you check if your mail service’s pop server hasn’t changed.
Other than this pop up, is your account working properly if you click on connect?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks for getting back.

The pop hasn’t changed.

The certificate I sent you seems correct  but it seems to look for the one I attached now.

If I press connect it does bring in my emails but my concern is I don’t know if they are being redirected through this site. When I use diagnostics and fix it looks for @idcmail.shaw.ca

Not sure if I have to be concerned.

What mail service are you using? Are you using any security policy on your account? Have you considered using IMAP instead of a POP3 account?

Thank you,
Paul.

I turned off the security policy as it was using (use ssl/TLS if available) and it seems to work now. The provider doesn’t support IMAP but does support Exchange. Would it be better to use Exchange? 

Hi again, Exchange would be better but the fact the mail service supports it does not necessary mean it’s available for your account, so make sure if that’s really an option for you - Exchange is usually setup for corporate accounts etc.

The message you’re seeing means your certificate is corrupted or improperly setup, please change the setting of your certificate. If you believe there’s nothing wrong with the certificate you can click on connect and select to Trust this certificate in the settings, that would solve the issue and the message should not be displayed anymore…

I believe the address diagnostics is looking for is safe, but I believe using SSL/TLS is better if you have privacy concerns.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks again or your help. I’ll confirm with the provider.

No problem, let me know if you have any other questions or issues, we might help you with… we’ll be happy to help!

Thank you,
Paul.