Category sync issue with multiple PCs

Hi,

if i use emclient on 2 PCs with imap, why are categorys of emails are not synced? is emclient not able to do this?

In a time and world full of different devices able to nevigate on Web, it should be expected that em Client could do that by default…

But, they are doing a very good job so far, trying to beat big giants of the market and making some noise that probably is reaching Outlooks windows…
…hehehehe…

Indeed, it is a very nice client. Of course, some features missing imho, but that above mentioned (basic) sync feature is not supported,for me it’s a KO for emclient.

Hi, synchronizing your categories between two instances of eM Client is supported, unless your server strips the category flag (in that case though, you wouldn’t be able to see categories set on either of your computers).
However same colors may not be applied as the color code information is not included in your message.

If you backup your database on one computer and restore the database on another you should however have the exact same setup on your computers, allowing you to navigate through same categories using the same color code.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

I apologize if this should be obvious, but I’m new to eM Client and have been working only from Gmail/Google apps for several years.

Am I understanding correctly that although the categories from eM Client cannot sync to Gmail, They will sync to more than one instance of eM Client providing both have the same names and colors for categories? (Even though it is Gmail that is the middle man for the two syncing)?

Or is there another device  /application I am missing here?
 Is Gmail the “server” ?

Thank you for any help that you can offer.
LOVE eM Client!

Unfortunately Gmail does not support category synchronization, so you won’t be able to synchronize category flags on your emails, however as Gmail is using a bunch of labels you should be able to use categories or labels in Contacts.

Regards,
Paul

In reference to your comment above "synchronizing your categories between two instances of eM Client is supported, unless your server strips the category flag (in that case though, you wouldn’t be able to see categories set on either of your computers).

So, are you saying that Gmail is one of the servers that “Strips” the category flag?

I apologize, I just want to clarify.

Thanks again!

Laura

Yes, gmail does not support category synchronization as it is using their own labeling system, labels are unfortunately not supported in eM Client.

Thank you,
Paul

what about dovecot (e.g. using dovecot keywords)?

i can’t seem to sync the categories using dovecot imap server.

thunderbird can do this, is there a reason em client can’t?

Regards,
Velimir