CardDAV - updating removes data and does not save

Contacts won’t update correctly. Edit of fields results in clearing of many other fields when updating. It is a carddav source.

From Log file (notice the return vcard data is missing almost all the data):

CALDAV: Synchronizer.Modify: avatar comment class updated dependentItemRemove dependentItemAdd updated
C: PutCommand http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
CATEGORIES:Personal
FN:Anna Urso
N:Urso;Anna;;;
NOTE:Note
REV:20130502T131119Z
SORT-STRING:Anna Urso
UID:F618C7D7-30C2-421A-9707-FBB6EAD43BA3
EMAIL:aeurso@gmail.com
TEL;TYPE=“OTHER”:(763) 670-2936
ADR;TYPE=HOME:;;2375 Long Ave;St Paul;MN;55114;United States
PRODID:-//eM Client/5.0.17944.0
END:VCARD

S: PUT http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
Created Created
C: GetCommand http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
S: GET http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
OK OK
Response, stream length:
287, 287
Content:
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
ADR;HOME=TRUE:;;2375 Long Ave;St Paul;MN;55114;United States
CATEGORIES:Personal
FN:Anna Urso
N:Urso;Anna;;;
NOTE:Note
PRODID:-//SmarterTools//SmarterMail//EN
REV:20130502T131203Z
SORT-STRING:Anna Urso
UID:F618C7D7-30C2-421A-9707-FBB6EAD43BA3
END:VCARD

CALDAV: Synchronizer.Modify: avatar class updated isPrimary dependentItemRemove dependentItemAdd updated
C: PutCommand http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
BDAY;VALUE=DATE:1982-08-18
CATEGORIES:Personal
FN:Anna Urso
N:Urso;Anna;Pink;Mrs;Glu
NOTE:Add Info Test Value
ORG:company test;dep head, office blue
PHOTO;ENCODING=“b”;TYPE=“image/png”:
iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAD8AAABUCAIAAAC6DngRAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1
////////lines removed////////
kjVDuvSpBSDL6T5PY2FiZXNSQQ9UAWXwgNVLcJmJH6GZSIB2JYkHfKtRN0mdKiXKmWmihB8l
TpQgaZJE/xuJIKshmVFYXQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
REV:20130502T133041Z
SORT-STRING:Anna Urso
TITLE:job title here
UID:F618C7D7-30C2-421A-9707-FBB6EAD43BA3
EMAIL;TYPE=PREF:aeurso@gmail.com
EMAIL:aeurso-test2@gmail.com
EMAIL:aeurso-test3@gmail.com
ADR;TYPE=HOME:;;2375 Long Ave;St Paul;MN;55114;United States
ADR;TYPE=WORK:;;123 Add;city-south;MN;55555;USA
URL:http://www.abced.net
PRODID:-//eM Client/5.0.17944.0
END:VCARD

S: PUT http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
Created Created
C: GetCommand http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
S: GET http://mail.welikeit.net/WebDAV/ab/F6…
OK OK
Response, stream length:
15109, 15109
Content:
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
ADR;HOME=TRUE:;;2375 Long Ave;St Paul;MN;55114;United States
ADR;WORK=TRUE:;;123 Add;city-south;MN;55555;USA
CATEGORIES:Personal
FN:Anna Urso
N:Urso;Anna;Pink;Mrs;Glu
NOTE:Add Info Test Value
ORG:company test;dep head, office blue
PHOTO;ENCODING=B:iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAD8AAABUCAIAAAC6DngRAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BAAC
xjwv8YQUAAAAJcEhZcwAADsMAAA7DAcdvqGQAACjTSURBVGhDbdt1lFTn1ibwDpoECRLcNbhD0O
////////lines removed////////
UaVcTjXEjBA/EZMqbNkjVDuvSpBSDL6T5PY2FiZXNSQQ9UAWXwgNVLcJmJH6GZSIB2JYkHfKtRN
0mdKiXKmWmihB8lTpQgaZJE/xuJIKshmVFYXQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
PRODID:-//SmarterTools//SmarterMail//EN
REV:20130502T133720Z
SORT-STRING:Anna Urso
TITLE:job title here
UID:F618C7D7-30C2-421A-9707-FBB6EAD43BA3
URL:http://www.abced.net
END:VCARD

I have issued a bug report submission to Smarter Mail for this. It appears to be their issue not eMClient.

Thank you for the info.

Hello,

I’m using SM 11.4 with em client 5.0

  1. I tried to edit contact info in em client , I found:

SM “Mobile Phone” = em client “Others” (Otros in spanish)
SM “Home Phone” = em client “Others 2” (Otros 2 in spanish)

  1. I created a new test contact with 3 phones (work, home, mobile) and 2 emails
    The emails created with em client disapears
    The only phone remaining is mobile

  2. I edited the same test contact with SM. I added 3 phones (work, home, mobile)
    Then, the phones appears em client but…

SMARTER MAIL: EM CLIENT
Home: 111111111 = OTHERS 2
Company: 222222222 = OTHERS 3
Mobile: 333333333 = OTHERS

Then… there is a problem with fields. I don’t know if the problem is in SM or em Client side.

Best Regards

Hello,
thank you for reporting this. I am almost sure that it is a server sided issue but you can send us your CardDAV logs along with the contacts saved in .vcf format so we can analyze them and prove my suspicion.

I have reported the bug a second time with more detail. I have reported that the use of “WORK=TRUE” to set the type is not in compliance with vcard specifications. It should be something like “TYPE=WORK”

SM 11.5 is the latest so my hope is that we have a fix in 11.6. We will see.

A few SM 11 clients are talking about the issue here, if you have anything to add:
http://forums.smartertools.com/thread…