CardDAV Implementation

Can anyone please help me with the details of how eM Client implements CardDAV? I am having trouble synchronising the new Fastmail beta address book Groups with eM Client. It appears that eM maybe uses the old v3 of vCard, not v4?

Hi Robin, eM Client does support VCard 4, what exactly are you having issues with? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks for the quick response. I am using Windows 8.1 with eM 6.0.21372.

If I set up contacts, linked to Groups, in Fastmail Address Book, the Groups are not reflected in eM. Similarly the opposite way, eM is not reflected in Fastmail.

There is an explanation from Fastmail here http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showp…

Hi Robin, based on the referenced explanation, I believe you should be able to use fastmail’s groups as standard, eM Client is using distribution list for sending messages to a larger amount of your contacts, to create a distribution list, navigate to your contacts folder, select the contacts you want to add to the distribution list, right click the selection and select “Create distribution lists”.

The distribution list should then appear in your contacts folder along with your contacts.

If you’d like to use categories for color coding your items, you can still use the eM Client categories.

Regards,
Paul

Sorry, I need to clarify what you are saying. I am trying to get eM to reflect the Groups that I have in Fastmail. Are you saying that this is not possible, but I must instead set up all my lists in eM?
I have tried this, but they do not then reflect back to Fastmail.

Hi Robin, not completely sure what fastmail’s beta groups are supposed to be but there is only one way to send group messages to a group of contacts in eM client, for this you have to create a distribution list, that you can then use in the To, cc or bcc field or even in your calendar meeting invite.

Regards,
Paul

My aim is to get the eM Categories filled out when using CardDAV. I was hoping that this would be nice and simple, but it seems that I was wrong!

Hi again Robin, during the conversation here you were referring to Groups, unfortunately Categories can not be synchronized, Categories are a local feature that can only be synchronized on Exchange and IceWarp IMAP mail server.

Regards,
Paul

What a confusing life! Fastmail Groups talk to iOS Groups OK both ways. GMail Groups talk to iOS Groups OK plus also talk to eM Categories OK both ways. But Fastmail and eM don’t talk either way. Thanks for your help anyway.