Can't sync "Outlook on the web"-Account (Outlook.com)

Well, I am trying to configure 2 Outlook.com-Accounts. One of these accounts work flawlessly, but the other one is making problems. The obvious difference is that the problematic account is a so called “Outlook on the Web”-Account. I read that Microsoft randomly changed some Outlook.com-accounts to that new UI (see also here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1268838-outlook-on-the-web-preview-thread/).

However, what *does* work is the synchronisation of the folders, but that’s it. All folders are empty, also the contacts and the calender stay empty. I get the following error:

This is what the log says:

19:40:55 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability 19:40:55 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder list
19:41:05 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder list
19:41:07 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘Outlook Andrea/Drafts/’
19:41:08 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Found invalid data while decoding. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
19:41:08    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 19:41:08 &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 19:41:08 &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:41:08 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:41:08 — End of inner exception stack trace —
19:41:08 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:41:08 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I have already activated AirSync-logging … got some logs here as well.

Oops, sorry, I have to correct myself: The calender and the contacts seem to work ok! Seems it’s really only the emails that cause problems.

Hello, can you please try to repair your Drafts folder for which the error seems to have occurred? Right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button to resynchronise the folder with the server.

If the error reoccurs, please copy the whole error content of the log tab and submit it to us here on forum again.

Regards,

The problem remains. After repairing the Drafts-Folder and restarting the application I get:

19:28:09 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability 19:28:09 Outlook Hans [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
19:28:09 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
19:28:16 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
19:28:20 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘Outlook Andrea/Entwürfe/’ 
19:28:20 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Ungültige Daten beim Decodieren gefunden. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Ungültige Daten beim Decodieren gefunden.
19:28:20    bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 19:28:20 &nbsp; &nbsp;bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 19:28:20 &nbsp; &nbsp;bei MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:28:20 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:28:20 — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —
19:28:20 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:28:20 bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

What I noticed also: I can send emails from that account and for the moment that sent mail appears in the “Sent”-Folder. When restarting the application I get:

19:33:38 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
19:33:44 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  Die Elemente werden in den Ordner ‘Outlook Andrea/Gesendete Objekte/’ hochgeladen
19:33:44 Outlook Andrea [AirSync]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Ungültige Daten beim Decodieren gefunden. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Ungültige Daten beim Decodieren gefunden.
19:33:44    bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 19:33:44 &nbsp; &nbsp;bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncHmMailSynchronizer.Upload(IItemUploadContext1 uploadContext, Folder folder, IEnumerable1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 19:33:44 &nbsp; &nbsp;bei MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass20.b__1c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:33:44 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:33:44 — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —
19:33:44 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:33:44 bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hmm…

Whoaahh, I think I found the solution: I changed the server from m.hotmail.com to eas.outlook.com and this seems to do the trick :slight_smile:

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

I just downloaded eM Client and encountered exactly the same problem with my Outlook.com account.  I was able sync my calendar and contact info but all my email folders were empty.  When I changed the server in the eM Client account settings from m.hotmail.com to eas.outlook.com everything worked fine.

Thanks sclagerstar!

THANK YOU!!! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR WEEKS!!! WOOHOOO!!!

I have a similar problem.  The eas.outlook.com server works great for my hotmail.com account but doesn’t work for for my outlook.com account.  I can read all incoming email using the imap-mail.outlook.com server but can’t send any email and the calendar doesn’t sync with the online calendar.  When I run the Diagnostics check and click on the SMTP fix button, it apparently fixes the problem and I get a test email supposedly sent from my outlook.com account but I still can’t send any emails.

Hi Jim,
can I ask about your SMTP server settings?
Also, if you access your outlook/hotmail/live account through IMAP it only works with mail, at the moment. We are looking for a solution to add Calendar and Contacts for the IMAP option as well, as Microsoft will be stopping its support for DeltaSync, which worked through AirSync until now.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I’ve tried many SMTP server settings, but the one that seems to work with the Diagnostics Fix button is: smtp-mail.outlook.com, port 587, server requires authentication.  It settles on that and sends me a test email but email that I generate will not send.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,
try changing the SMTP Server Security policy to ‘Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)’, this will also automatically change the port.
Let me know if that helps or not, if not, we’ll set up logging and I’ll have a closer look on your problem.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

That’s actually what the SMTP Server Security policy was set to.  So I tried both “Use SSL/TLS if available” and “Force usage of SSL/TLS” and I was able to send email with both settings.  However, I still get multiple error messages.

Thanks,
Jim