Can't send or receive from/to MS Exchange account

After using eM Client with MS Exchange with no issues for many years, suddenly this week eM Client repeatedly requests and rejects my credentials and I can no longer use it with this account.

I have:

• Confirmed my credentials for the MS account
  • Reset my credentials for the MS account
  • Successfully signed into Exchange in a browser
  • Successfully updated credentials on another device and sent and received test emails on another device
  • Deleted the account from eM Client and recreated it both automatically and manually with the same results ( repeatedly requests and rejects my credentials)

I’m using eM Client 7.2.50008.0 Pro on a Windows 10 Machine

I am out of ideas. Is anyone else experiencing this? Would anyone have suggestions for further trouble-shooting or a fix?

Thanks

Matt

Exactly the same behaviour here, since today 20-10-2022

Thanks. It’s helpful to know it’s not just me. I’m seeing many users report the same issue now.

Exactly the same problem for me with same releae of Em Client. Deleted the account and set up again but the message to authenticate the server doesn’t appear as a browser pop up, only as part of the setup process. The credentials are accepted but then all I get is a popup box with username/password filled in but they are not accepted. Really annoying.

@FeS2

Successfully signed into Exchange in a browser

Deleted the account from eM Client and recreated it both automatically and manually with the same results ( repeatedly requests and rejects my credentials)

I’m using eM Client 7.2.50008.0 Pro on a Windows 10 Machine

As you have the correct username and password, and have already tried removing and re-adding your account via the automatic setup and manual setups then could be you might possibly need a eg: later version of eM Client to work with the newer MS Exchange mail servers and authentication.

I can confirm V8.2.1721 & V9.1.2109 works with the latest MS Exchange & Office 365 mail servers ok via OAuth using the automatic setup, but don’t know if V7 supports the newer authentication methods like in V8.2 & 9.1 which might possibly be the problem.

Alot has been updated in authentication and fixes in the program since V7 came out.

Have you thought about upgrading ?

Version 9.1.2109 has been working for me all right, but as I noted earlier, not since 20-10-2022 anymore. I de-installed this version, removing the database and installed version 8.2.1721. The same problem persists with this version. Also upgrading again to the latest version 9.1.2109, so now with an empty database, doesn’t make a difference. Time to search for another application? :frowning:

Version 9.2.1222 doesn’t resolve the problem :frowning: