can't send emails

I haven’t been able to send emails for a few days although can receive them.  Tried the diagnose and Fix buttons but never finishes to give an answer!  I have changed my broadband provider recently but don’t know where to start to sort things.  Please help?  Thanks

Hi Sheila, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using an IMAP/SMTP account?

Can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account, and make a screenshot of your account settings and submit it here on the forum? Also, are you seeing any errors from the application?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul  thanks for replying.  version 6.0.21372.0  think using SMTP. 

I’ve tried to attached a screenprint but not sure its worked

Thanks

Sheila

Hi again Sheila, thank you but can you please make a screenshot of the SMTP and POP3 tabs, you can also make a screenshot by using a screenshot application on your computer.

Are you seeing any errors, when you try to send the message? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs, switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum? 

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks.  I’m sorry i’ve copied the relevant sceen prints into word but can’t attached them here- is there another way please?

Thanks

Sheila ![]( “Image null”) ![]( “Image null”)

Hi Paul

Thanks.  I’m sorry i’ve copied the relevant sceen prints into word but can’t attached them here- is there another way please?

Thanks

Sheila ![]( “Image null”) ![]( “Image null”)

Hi Sheila, if you have the screenshot in a word document you will not be able to upload the data to the forum, please submit the file to my email [email protected] with a reference link (URL) to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi again Sheila, thank you for the received screenshot, can you please comment on what mail service vendor you’re using now and which you’ve used previously? Have you tried to re-setup the account after your provider has changed?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi

I’ve just changed my phone and broadband from sky to EE  - not changed anything else re my emails. Does that answer it please?

Cheers. Sheila

I used to use pipex many years ago hence the email address i have, but I’ve used BT and Sky for broadband since and my emails have always worked?

Cheers, Sheila

Can you try to change the security policy on your SMTP service setup for this account to “Use SSL/TLS if available”?
The port should automatically change to 587 as well.

Check if the issue persists, also any specific reason why you have the account added in eM Client twice?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul

sorry hasn’t worked. i had to change the port to 587 manually as didn’t do automatically. By 2 accounts I presume you mean my sjrassociates email too? I set this one years ago for my business but don’t really use it now. Still get error message

Cheers, Sheila

Hi Paul

I’ve now found out that i can send emails when using another wifi source (ie in a different house) therefore I presume it’s a problem with my broadband security?

KR Sheila

Hi again Sheila, this would point out to a firewall/proxy issue on your network, some of the ports you’re using to connect to your mail server might be disabled or blocked. 

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul/Sheila.
I have exactly the same problem as Sheila: I can send receive very well, and I can send from my office WiFi, but not from the WiFi at home.
I will say more: with the WiFi at home I can send emails either going directly to Gmail on line, or also from my Samsung Galaxi 3, where I use Gmail Inbox.
Is there anything I can do to solve the issue at home?
Thank you. Maurizio