can't send email

When I try to send or reply to mail I receive an error to set up an account. I am receiving mail and it works great. I also reinstalled the software since I saw that under FAQ which only gave me two in bins but I still could not send. Can you help?

which exact version of eM Client are you using?

Which e-mail provider are you using?

Via POP or IMAP?

Maybe you will need to remove the account in eM Client and create it again.

thank you so much… em client is demo mode, 6.0,
email is bellsouth.net via POP,
when I installed it it was so automatic, it was wonderful!! and it works fine except for sending, I made it default.
how would I remove the account? uninstall, I’m not very computer literate.

To see your accounts, you should go to Tools --> Accounts.

Instead of deleting and re-adding your e-mail account, maybe it’s enough if you make sure that the details on the SMTP tab of your e-mail account are filled in correctly.

Like ‘host’, ‘port’, ‘security policy’ and your way of ‘authentication’.

thanks, I was able to get the info from my old computer, but I don’t have a SMTP tab, I have a POP3, the ports don’t match anything. When I change from bellsouth.net to att.net and the port number I receive an error when I run diagnostics . If I leave the bellsouth.net and change SMTP port from my old computer I still cannot send. sorry to bother you again but I don’t know what else I can do. thanks,

Hi, if you do nto have SMTP tab then it is not possible to send emails, because SMTP is protocol for sending emails.

Remove and add your account again - manually if possible and inform me about results.

Jan

I uninstalled and downloaded again. It still shows no account in the send field when I reply or try to send. I do not have a SMTP tab. I do like the software and would be willing to pay the $50 but I need to send mail. This is the trial version and it expires in 3 days. Interesting, all my old mail came back when I downloaded again. I had saved it to a folder on my desktop. thanks,

Hi,
did you setup your account using the automatic setup in eM Client?
Can you provide a screenshot of the Accounts window?

Thank you,
Paul.

yes I did an automatic download from your web page, apparently it went to the defaults that were there before because I did not input as much info.
I hope the screen shot is ok not real good at some things.

Hi,
can you please try setting the account manually? It might be a minor bug in the automatic discovery that the application simply didn’t recognize the SMTP protocol.

To set-up the account manually, please go to Tools > Accounts > New Account, and click the Mail tab under the Automatic set-up.
Than click on the ‘Other’ option and proceed with the steps.

If you still have the old computer with the necessary information for the set-up it should be easy and done in few minutes.
If you have any trouble setting-up the account manually, let us know.

Paul.

I am having the same issue.  Went through the same procedures above.  My account is now recognized when sending email, but it doesn’t go through.  Inbox works fine.           Error message saying that it can’t make a connection with server.   My email is through Charter.
Jim

Hello Bill, not quite sure what error you’re referring to, can you make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application ability to connect to the server?

Thank you,

The error message says “SMTP server doesn’t support authentication”
version 6.0.22344.0
I do not have any security software that blocks it or disables connection.

Hello Bill, sounds like you have authentication enabled in your SMTP, navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account > SMTP, and uncheck the option “Server requires authentication”.

Regards,

Thanks…that did the trick…

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,