Can't send email using SMTP

Hi,

I cant send email using emClient using SMTP of my mail provider. I’ve no issue with the same SMTP server using other email client software. As I prefer to use emClient for it’s better text editor compared to other email client, I would like to make it works. Hence please help advise based on the SMTP log that I collected below:

1:56:30 PM MySMTPServer [SMTP]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Connect failed with reason: 1:56:30 PM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
1:56:30 PM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
1:56:30 PM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
1:56:30 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Thanks and regards,
Rudy

Try switching the SMTP port from 25 TO 26. Some providers block port 25 when you are using software that is not theirs.

Hi Rudy, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your problematic account > SMTP and make a screenshot of your SMTP settings? Please submit the screenshot to us here on the community support.

Thank you,
Paul