Can't send email - SMTP error

I have been having a problem sending email since I downloaded the client in October 2013.  

I have tried many of the suggestions on the forums and none have worked for me.  I have talked with my ISP and they said they are doing basic SMTP, no restrictions.

I have changed my anti-virus program.  I have excluded sending email scanning.  I have switched to the legacy port option.  Nothing works.

My log file is below:

10:18:53 AM Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability 10:21:38 AM Unique Software [SMTP]  Connecting: To Unique Software
10:21:59 AM Unique Software [SMTP]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Connect failed with reason: 
10:21:59 AM     “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.90.16.50:25”
10:21:59 AM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
10:21:59 AM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:21:59 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:28:53 AM Unique Software [SMTP]  Connecting: To Unique Software
10:29:14 AM Unique Software [SMTP]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Connect failed with reason: 
10:29:14 AM     “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.90.16.50:25”
10:29:14 AM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
10:29:14 AM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:29:14 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:29:14 AM Unique Software [POP3]  Connecting: To Unique Software
10:29:14 AM Unique Software [POP3]  Connected: To Unique Software
10:29:15 AM Unique Software [POP3]  Downloading messages: From Unique Software
10:29:15 AM Unique Software [POP3]  Disconnected: From Unique Software
10:29:15 AM Unique Software [POP3]  Disconnected: Done

I have used other email clients with this ISP and had no problems.  Please help!!  I would purchase if I knew this worked.

Thanks!!!

Keith

Hi Keith, what version of eM Client are you currently using and what mail service provider are you using?
This seems to be a server issue though, as the connection is being dropped by the server.

Can you make a screenshot from Tools > Accounts > Your problematic account > SMTP tab?

Thank you,
Paul.

It’s been two months and I have not heard back from Paul.  I am still having this problem and want to resolve it.  I like the product, but won’t buy it unless I can get it to  work with my ISP.

Thank you!!!

Hi Keith, I’m sorry you’re still having issues with the application, however please see the above post, I have asked you several questions and requested some additional data to your problem which I have not received an answer to. Please answer the above questions in order to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

I had been in touch with several other people here in support and sent this information to them.  I also followed up with no response.  Here is the information again.

My ISP is a local business.  I have talked to them and they have no restrictions on SMTP.  I have used them for 20 years with no problems with various email clients.

Keith

Hi again, it seems like your SMTP server is not setup correctly. The server address seems to link to your ISP’s website instead of the server address, I’ve tried to search for the SMTP server address for your ISP, but unfortunately I wasn’t successful, please contact your ISP’s technical support if they could comment on what the SMTP server address is.

Also, how did you setup the account, did you use the automatic setup?

Thank you,
Paul.