Can't send e-mails

David,

I made the free registration so 2 e-mail accounts should be working but they don’t. When I started this thread I haven’t registered my eM client. Now I have but still I can’t send mails…

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP or AirSync synchronization for the problematic (enabled) accounts?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    If the issue persists, please try to force the synchronization by using file > work offline (x2) and go back to the advanced settings window, submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button and send them to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

Having similar problems, V 6.0.21040.0, Windows 7, Windows Firewall, Avast w/e-Mail Client set to exclude, and mail service is Charter.                                                                                                                                        Have made settings adjustments to “SSL/TLS”, “SMTP”, “POP3” according to Charter set up instructions and ran eM Client diagnostics to no avail. Incoming mail works fine but when sending, I keep getting a error message listed below.                                                                                          Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Paul,

Normally I use VPN.

When traveling abroad, I also regularly can not send e-mails, because it takes too long for the e-mail server to respond (at least I get the message about a failed attempt to connect).

Normally if I close VPN, sending of e-mails goes okay. I assume that by using VPN, the total round-trip time of the requests sent by eM Client takes too long, making eM Client think that the server is unavailable.

Can it be that by internally increasing the time that eM Client waits for an answer of an e-mail server, these receive/send issues might be solved?

I found this in another forum and it fixed my problem, maybe it will help others. Although I am using bresnan, this worked for me.

I kind of remember getting an error message from Avast something about disabling SSL/TLS in my mail program so that it could take care of scanning the mail stream.  So I had gone into eM  Client to the Tools, Accounts and then under each of my 2 accounts I had checked “Don’t use secure connection” for both SMTP tab and POP3 tab.

So I went back in and changed those settings so that now I have my SMTP settings set to “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)” with port 465.  My POP3 settings are now “Use SSL/TSL if available” and port is set to 110.  (Note your mail server may be different…if these don’t work use the Diagnostics tab and click on Fix.  Hopefully it can find you the right settings for your mail server.  I am not using Optimum/Bresnan mail)

In Avast! Free go to user interface, click on Real Time Shields, Select Mail Shield, click on Expert Settings, then select the SSL Accounts tab.  I think Avast! detects and makes these entries automatically (or maybe I entered them once but I don’t think so).  I have 2 listings: Host Name for both is westdc.net and then the 1st is POP3, 110, TLS and the other is SMTP, 465, SSL.