Can't recieve hotmail mail

I have been using eM client for a while. Nowadays I can not retrieve my hotmail mail. The problem started when I tested the full version of the program.
I have the right password.

I have a log, but the forum didn’t allow me to post it.

Probably better to do a screen-shot of the logs and any errors listed in menu/operations/errors & logs.
Also,
what OS are you running?
Version of eMC?
Licence (free or Pro)?
Send a screen-shot of the server settings for the account with personal info redacted.
When you say “The problem started when I tested the full version of the program.” what do you mean. What were you using before?
Check if you have the correct server settings for the hotmail account:

or even easier, export important emails to HD, delete the Hotmail account and let eMC add it automagically.

I use windows 10
I use the latest version of eM client.

As I wrote the problem started when trying the pro version. Therefore I skipped buying it.
I’ve not found any other way to manage the settings then let the eM do the automatic setup.

Replying via my phone right now. I’ll get back with a screen dump when on my PC.

14:51:49 ***@hotmail.com [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn…
—> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn…
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ThrowIfExceptional()
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.b__65_1(IAsyncResult iar)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClass68_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.UpgradeStreamAsync(Func2 callback) at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnectionAsync(Folder mailFolder, Boolean noSelect) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext.CreateContextAsync(ImapAccount account) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass15_2.<EnqueueGetFolderList>b__1(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<<SynchronizeAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() EnqueuedStackTrace = at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.EnqueueGetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, Action1 completed)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.GoOnlineInt()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState(Boolean online, OfflineReason offlineReason)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.GoOnline()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountList.<>c__DisplayClass19_1.b__1()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__274_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
14:51:49 ***@hotmail.com [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn…
—> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn…
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ThrowIfExceptional()
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsClient(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.b__65_1(IAsyncResult iar)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClass68_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.UpgradeStreamAsync(Func2 callback) at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnectionAsync(Folder mailFolder, Boolean noSelect) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext.CreateContextAsync(ImapAccount account) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass15_2.<EnqueueGetFolderList>b__1(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<<SynchronizeAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() EnqueuedStackTrace = at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.EnqueueGetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, Action1 completed)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.GoOnlineInt()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState(Boolean online, OfflineReason offlineReason)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.GoOnline()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountList.<>c__DisplayClass19_1.b__1()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__274_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Solved…
Changed e mail client!

Out of interest what exactly did you do?

Installed another email client.
Thunderbird.
Working perfectly!
Without any account setup. Imported the settings from previous clients.

I’m happy.

Good I’m pleased. I hope you have more luck with TB than I did.