cant link database to emclient

I accidently deleted my email account from emclient, I have restored the file from trash but I am unable to get emclient to see it.  Can anyone help with this please?

Hi Cameron,
you need to set up your account again through the Tools > Accounts > New account setup. Accounts in eM Client are not stored as files that you can revive from Trash, so I am not sure what you recovered there.
If you mean you deleted the whole database, then it needs to be where eM Client expects its storage to be. Your storage location is in Tools > Settings > General > Storage. Either make sure your database is at the place eM Client expects it or change the storage location to the one where you moved the database.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi
I have set up a new account and set the storage to E:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\eM Client.
The file is large 7gb (I did have a lot of emails in there) and contains 22 items that include mail_data.dat (which I assume are emails) and folders.dat which I assume is the folder structure.  It also includes a logs folder.  I have also tried the original location of C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\eM Client.  I can’t restore folders or emails.
Hope you can help.

Regards

Cameron

Sounds like the database, but if you set the storage to be in E:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\eM Client then your database should be in there. If you copy the files there, are the data not restored? Does eM Client load at all?

Hi 
Yes the database is in there but eM Client doesn’t read it.  eM Client does load and I have set up the account which takes new emails in without any problem.  Its as if it can’t import the data and folde structure.  When I have reloaded outlook in the past I just direct it to the pst file and the folder structure and emails just import I guess I expected eM Client to do the same.

Hi Cameron,
eM client should be able to load files from it’s old database without any problem, if it’s in the correct folder. So unless the database is empty to begin with, then it should load your files.
Could you please screenshot the Storage section you have set up in settings and then the open folder window with your current database?

Regards,
Olivia