Can't import Google Contacts

My google contacts won’t load into emclient, i have setup a new account for contacts selecting google contacts and put in the relevant details, it accesses the account on send receive with no errors but no contacts are in the contacts ?? please help !

Hello,

Do you have checked field “contact” under your email address in Leftside bar - Contacts button?

regards
Jan

hi

yes but theres nothing there in the right panels

regards

steve

does it looks like this?

also do you have your contacts visible on Gmail web interface?

regards
Jan

hi

yes and no

contacts are fine in gmail and syncing with iphone fine

well then I will need your GData logs, go to Tools - Settings - Advanced, check Gdata under your account you use for contacts, apply and restart eM Client.

then hit “F5” to synchronize or send & reply, after this send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off and I will respond to you over email

regards
Jan

hi

i have sent them, have you received ok ?

thanks

steve

??? not heard anything ???

Hello,

I am sorry I forgot to inform you over email that I have received your logs, now they are in queue at my colleagues email lists and when he will respond to me I will contact you over email with solution or additional information.

regards
Jan

still not heard anything ???

Hello,

I am sorry for this delay, anyway my colleague says that by those logs you are trying to log in using wrong password or user name.

so please check these two if they are correct.

with regards
Jan

hi

no offence but you think i haven’t checked that at least 20 times

regards

then I am sorry but there is not solution, eM client simply receive message from server that it does not accept password or login.

there is nothing else we can do

with regards
Jan

plus it would report that when trying to sync, there are no errors

bit it accepts the email from the same server with the same credentials so it must be an emclient issue

I have had a similar issues with Google calendar and Google contacts. Google sometimes locks you out when trying to access from an outside program. Afater an unsuccessful sync from emClient, You need to run the “unlock captcha” routine for gmail, then immediately run the emClient synch. That should then allow your contacts to sysnc successfully.

Here is the link to unlock captcha: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLo…

This is what yoiu will see after you login to Google at this link:

"Allow access to your Google account

As a security precaution, Google may require you to complete this additional step when signing into a new device or application.

To allow access, click the Continue button below.

Allow access to your Google account

As a security precaution, Google may require you to complete this additional step when signing into a new device or application.

To allow access, click the Continue button below."

Also, in the event that you are using 2step authentication for your google acount, then you will need to create an application specific password for any other apps (like emClient) that you want to access your google account.

On another issue, If any of you would also like to see the “delayed send” feature added to emClient, please vote for Delayed Send here:

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…