can't get rid of imported folders, in fact my gmail account updated with them

I imported folders from a backup hard drive.  It imported all the folders with emails, but now I can not get rid of the temporary folder I build.  Even stranger, when I set up my gmail account on eM Client, those imported folders are showing up on my gmail account and on my other devices when I check email.  I moved all the emails out to a local folder, but now I can not delete the folder I imported them too.  Any help?  And how in the world did gmail update from eM Client and how can I fix that?  thanks!

Hello, I’m not quite sure what you’re suggesting, Gmail is an IMAP account, thus all folders added to this account, will automatically be synchronised with the server and other devices using the account over IMAP. If you’re having issues with removing some folders from eM Client, are you removing this folder using delete option?

Can you make a screenshot of the issue you’re experiencing? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,