Can't Get New Install To Send Emails

I am receiving emails but the program will not send. Warning on account settings but they appear to match my former email program’s account settings.

eMC had the wrong smtp port which I corrected and the program cut the user ID down by eliminating the ISP but I added it in. Still NG,

POP account is to coordinate with Xfinity/Comcast.

Getting frustrated and near abandoning the trial.
Why can’t these programs be smarter at setting up, especially when there is another working email program on the computer?

See this thread that may assist you.

Tried all those suggestions.
None work for me.

In the Diagnose routine in the connection settings I get a message that the SMTP server did not respond and with other choices for security settings it just says “Failed”.

Tried all those suggestions. None work for me

I would then contact your mailbox technical support at Xfinity/Comcast, and ask them what the exact SMTP server settings are.

I tried the SMTP settings listed on the Comcast site for “other” mail programs that listed 2 different available ports to no avail. Two are the same as in the prior thread that you posted.

In the eMC “diagnostics” settings tab, it tries to fix the issue trying the three ports listed in the previous mentioned thread, two of which match the Comcast recommendations, but that’s still not communicating.

Sometimes I get the feeling they don’t want 3rd party programs to be used because I can’t get Thunderbird to connect anymore either. Error in Thunderbird might be with security version conflicts based on reading related to the error message. Thunderbird used to work a couple years ago before I started using Mailbird.

Anyways I gave eMC a try but I am running out of ambition.

I can’t get Thunderbird to connect anymore either

As Thunderbird is also experiencing the same sending mail problem, that’s a good indication your mail server is the issue.

In the eMC “diagnostics” settings tab, it tries to fix the issue trying the three ports listed in the previous mentioned thread, two of which match the Comcast recommendations, but that’s still not communicating

Ignore using the eM Client acct diagnostics. You have to manually enter the SMTP server details for that server as other users have done. What are the two Comcast recommendations ?

Also are you running and VPNs, or Optional Firewalls / Security programs or Optional Antivirus programs?. If you are try completely disabling those to test if any of those are interfering as sometimes happens.

Yes I am manually entering the information and have tried the three options listed in the previously linked thread.
No vpn or optional firewall, but there is an AV program running. I’ll try without that but it doesn’t interfere with MailBird.