Can't get emails to show up

I just downloaded eM Client. I got the folders to show up under inbox but how do I sync my emails? I used to use wlm but nothing synced on there. so I was using windows 8.1 to get my hotmail and my live.com emails to show on there but nothing moved over to here. What am I doing wrong? I am very new to this site. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

TY, Tammie

I have the same problem.  I use gmail through EM Client.  When a new email arrives it only shows in Smart Folder (All Inboxes) and does not show in the regular inbox.  In fact, if I do a search for the email it shows it from at earlier date.  This is definitely a bug.

Hello Dan,

Could we please ask whether you have the ‘Show Local Folders’ option turned on? You can check this in Menu -> Tools -> Settings - General. When the Show Local Folder option is checked, can you see your e-mails in the Local folders?

Regards,
Maurice

Yes it is.

Hello Dan,

Yes, as in you can see an Inbox in your local folders where the new e-mails arrive? If displaying local folders didn’t resolve your issue, could you please post a screenshot?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello tamara,

Could we please ask if you have your e-mails on the server? If you do then they should be synchronized after you add your account. For adding accounts provided by hotmail and live.com, please set them up as Exchange (go to Tools -> Accounts -> New Account but skip the “Automatic Setup” option and in the “Mail” option click on the Exchange icon. Afterwards just enter your email address in both “Email address” and “User name” fields, enter the password and then be patient while eM Client is “Obtaining server configuration records”.

If you have your data saved locally in a specific program, they will need to be imported to eM Client, please see eM Client -> Menu -> File -> Import.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the screenshot. This issue is however unlikely caused by eM Client. The time that you see in the message (the “right time”) is the time of when the message was sent. The time that you see in the list is a time which your server reports as the time of message delivery. The incorrect displaying is therefore caused by the server sending wrong information about the time of delivery. Please contact the server support to get this resolved.

Regards,
Maurice

Have the same problem with my newly added outlook account. At first the account itself wasn’t showing up and kept asking me to create a microsoft account. So now I have a microsoft account? Anyway, the Outlook account shows up in my list of email account, but I can’t see any of the emails.
Just notices a red exclamation mark next to the account.