Can't find EM Archive Folder

I read your instructions on setting up the delete button so it sends emails to a folder called “Em Archive”.  First, I can no longer find those instructions and can’t find that customization area anymore.  Second, the Em Archive folder shows up in my Gmail account, but it’s not showing up in my eM Client desktop software.  So I can archive something, but then can’t find it within eM Client.  How can I make sure this folder is also visible in eM Client?

Hi, there are two ways how to use archiving in eM Client. One option is available only if you have a gmail account, that way you can archive mail from inbox into online archive folder (All Mail), but if you don’t have a gmail account you can only use the automatic archiving feature which archives your mail to local folder (Archive), to set this up, go to Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Could you direct me to the post that shows the work-around where I set up an “eM Archive” folder, and any time I click the delete button, it sends the mail to that folder instead of Trash?  

I’d love to just sent everything to All Mail, but I like the convenience and speed of using the delete button.

Hi again Dan, there is no setting like that… You can setup automatic archiving, which once in a set period of time cleans selected folders and moves them to the local archive folder, you can turn this setting on in Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving, but this setting won’t work with the delete button, that button always deletes the email.

If you’re using a gmail account with All Mail folder, when you’re in your inbox you should see an archive button instead of the delete button. But only in your inbox and no other folders, this button moves the email to the All Mail folder.

Hope this helps,
Paul.