Can't empty trash or delete old "local Folders" (from deleted acct)

Can’t empty trash - asks if I’m sure, I click yes, trash folder blinks but messages don’t go away. email to [email protected]

Also, created new account and deleted old one but old “Local Folders” can’t be deleted, nor the subfolders (inbox,sent, trash, etc)

Hello,

Local folders cant be deleted by design. You can turn them off in Tools - Settings - General - General and cancel “Show local folders”.

And to that Trahs issue, please send me IMAP logs, Tools - Settings - Advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Then try to empty your trash again and then send me logs to [email protected]
together with this topic’s URL: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

after this you can turn logging off

regards
Jan

John/Jan

Trash issue resolved. My folders issue wasn’t explained well. Had two accounts -each had it’s own set of folders (inbox,sent,trash,etc). Deleted one account but the folders for that account remain. I was able to delete all inside those folders but not the folders themselves. Again, these are the 2nd set of folders associated with the deleted account.

Account (new)
inbox
trash
drafts
Local Folders
inbox
trash
drafts

“Local Folders” were located under the second account. I had to move contents of sub folders from old (second) account to new account and now can’t get rid of the old “Local Folders” and sub folders.

Hello,

thank you for your further explanation, I have not taken this origin into consideration.

so thank you again and I am happy that it works now.

regards
Jan