can't connect office email account with microsoft exchange server with eM client

can’t connect the office email account with microsoft exchange server with eM client. The email account folder doesn’t appear on the sidebar. The log message said ‘a time zone with the specific ID could not be found’.

Has someone any clue?

thank you

Hi Isaac, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to your mail server?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I am using version number 6.0.21372.0.
Yes i am using an antivirus. I am using Avast Antivirus. I am not an IT expert and I don’t understand when on the log there is a message such as ‘a time zone with the specific ID could not be found’. What does it mean?

Let me know if you have any idea on how to proceed.

Thank you again

Isaac

Hi Isaac, are you using Microsoft Exchange 2007? Unfortunately we’ve recorded this issue in a very specific setups running Exchange 2007, some updates installed on the mail server are causing this issue to occur, however we’re unable to workaround this issue as it’s held within the protocol/server.

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable EWS logging for the problematic account,

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Reproduce the issue
    Once the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us with a reference link to this forum topic, please submit the logs to my email, mcgregor@emclient.com.

Thank you,
Paul