Can't Check Email

When I first turn on my computer in the morning eM will check and download my mail, but then that’s it for the day! All day long I will just get the error box. The mail will come through on my phone and on my iPad but not on Em on my computer. My provider is Rogers and email is powered through Yahoo and I can go to Yahoo and see my mail but I can’t get it in eM until I start up the next day. Anyone got any clues please? This has been happening for several days and I’m so frustrated I’ve started researching other email programs.Thank you.

What happens when you restart eM Client?

I had tried that several times and when it started up again it could not connect. It’s been a couple of days since I posted and now it’s rather erratic, sometimes staying connected, sometimes failing after the first few connects after starting first thing in the morning. It’s VERY frustrating!!!

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Actually I think I may have fixed it, so far today its been ok. I’ll give it the weekend and let you know. I think it may have been a problem with my virus program, Avast. It had done an upgrade a few days ago and this problem seems to have started about then. Then this morning I kept getting a pop up box from the Avast, saying something about yahoo and a certificate. It would not let me check my mail, every time I clicked on eM this pop up came. I have used Avast for years and never had this happen before, I have temporarily disabled that part of Avast and everything is working fine . . so far. Thank you very much for your help.

OK, things are still working fine so it must have been the new addition to my anti virus program.

Good to hear it …