Can't add account

I backed-up my old account first, then deleted it because of a previous problem. When I went to “Add account”, I entered my old email address, then entered my password, but it would not accept it. I tried several more passwords, but they were not accepted either. Suggestions, please.

Perhaps you should attempt to resolve the correct login/password by accessing your Web mail, first?

I closed eM Cient, then re-opened it. It asked me for my password, I entered it, and eM Client opened normally. What’s next?

“It asked me for my password, I entered it, and eM Client opened normally.”

When I tried to add an account again using my email address & passwords (old & new), it wouldn’t let me!

Did you try logging into the Web Mail on your email host site?

Once that is done you can use that login/password combo to try the Add Account in eMC.

“Did you try logging into the Web Mail on your email host site?”

Sorry, I thought I did that already! I clicked on my “eM Client” in my toolbar, entered my password, & eM Client opened normally! When I say “normally”, I mean normal screen, I mean with “Local folders” on the left & “Agenda” on the right. If you mean go to some other site, please elaborate!

I am not referring to eMC!
“email host site” is the web site from whence you retrieve your email…
“web mail” is the app, on the “email host site”, that allows you to have direct access to your email.

I’m not sure of my “email host site” is but recently there was some notification to verizon users using aol so I signed in with them, so if you mean what email address & password I use with them, I tried to add an account ti eMC using the aol email & password but eMC wouldn’t accept them! I appreciate your patience, but I’m at a loss here!