Cant activate license

I am trying to activate my free license, but keep getting an error saying that a problem has occurred when contacting the licensing server: unable to connect to remote server. Please help!

Hello,
please try to make an exception for eM Client in your firewall and antivirus software and see if that fixes the issue.
Also test if you can access http://licensing.emclient.com/ through Internet Explorer.

Regards,
Olivia

I think it worked.When I access the web link I get the following screen. 

Hi,
yes, this is correct and means your computer can access the licensing server.
Are you still having the problem with activating your license or is everything in order then?

Regards,
Olivia

I have the same problem. Can’t activate the free license. What else can I do?

Do You by any chance have Win XP?  eM Client no longer supports that operating system and you will not be able to activate the license.

I have Windows 10

Are you getting any error message?

a problem has occurred when contacting the licensing server: unable to connect to remote server.

have you tried going to the license server (as suggested above) to see if it might be av AV/firewall problem?

Yes I can go there no problem

May have to have eM Client way in on this…

Is there any Proxy or VPN on your connection? Make sure to make exceptions for eM Client if that is the case.

I don’t think so? Is there anything to bypass that, I don’t have access or control if there are any anyway.