cannot send emails

I am new to emclient and have just downloaded the trial version. After setting up my account using POP3 I am unable to send messages. The error message is that my server could be temporarily unavailable  or my settings are incorrect. i have checked my settings but cannot see anything wrong. My SMTP server is send.xtra.co.nz. Can anybody help? Many thanks 

Hi Bazza,
when the error message pops up could you go to the third tab in the same window as the error titled Log (or found through Tools>Operations>Log) and copy its contents here?
There should be more information about the error in these logs.
The only other thing I can recommend before more information is trying to change the server Security policy in the SMTP tab of your account (for example try the ‘Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)’ option as that works for some servers better).

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia

Followed your advice in changing the server security policy as above and am happy to advise that it is now working. However is there a way that the emails can be sent automatically without me having to hit “send” on each email that i send which is about 60 to 70 at a time for invoices and statements?

Kind regards

Hi Bazza,
are you talking about hitting send when you finish a message or hitting send once your emails are in the Otubox? Because the second option can be changed in Tools>Settings>Send nd check the option to ‘Send messages immediately’.

Regards,
Olivia