Cannot send emails with an attachment.

I can send emails without an attachment, however, I cannot send an email with an attachment. I am using eM Client version 6.0.223440.0. I get the following log when I attempt to send emails with an attachment. The message just sits in the outbox. Any help would be appreciated. I have been using eM Client for some time and only had this issue recently.

4:54:16 PM Chalmers family [SMTP]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
4:54:16 PM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
4:54:16 PM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
4:54:16 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
4:54:16 PM Chalmers family [POP3]  Connecting: To Chalmers family
4:54:19 PM Chalmers family [POP3]  Connected: To Chalmers family
4:54:20 PM Chalmers family [POP3]  Downloading messages: From Chalmers family
4:54:22 PM Chalmers family [POP3]  Disconnected: From Chalmers family
4:54:22 PM Chalmers family [POP3]  Disconnected: Done

Hello Steve, seems like something is blocking the application’s ability to connect to your mail service. Either you might be using an insecure server settings or your firewall/antivirus doesn’t allow you to send items over the SMTP protocol. Are you using any SSL/TLS security policies with your SMTP setup?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to send the message? If so, please try to temporarily disable this security software and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Paul, thanks for the prompt response. The problem appears to have gone. I have sent some emails with attachments and they went through ok (without me making any changes as you suggested). If the problem returns and persists I will get back in touch.

Hello Steve, thank you for following up with us, let me know if the issue reoccurs or if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.