Cannot receive eMails. POP3 error "-ERR cannot open file ... errno 2, file does not exist".

Since yesterday I cannot receive eMails through eM Client on my computer.

Extract from the log: -

12:29:28 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
12:29:28   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Can’t retrieve POP3 message due to the following reason:
12:29:28     “-ERR cannot open file ‘/nfs2/mailnec/mail_06/1e/37/john.peverett%talktalk.net/0A7000A65AF91A03.msg’ errno 2, file does not exist”
12:29:28    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:29:28    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I am still receiving emails from the same account on my phone.
My mail account is with TalkTalk.
After reading a post about a similar problem, I checked webmail. There were no messages that were -1 bytes long - all seemed ok.
In webmail I deleted some of the messages that were received after the fault occurred. This made no difference.
I am using eM Client version 7.1.31849.0.
O/S is Windows 10 Home, version 1709. No Windows updates were applied yesterday.

Any advice on how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Regards,
John Peverett.

I think that there could be some corruption in your database. One thing you could try is to close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ DbRepair.exe. Restart eM Client and see what happens when it connects to the POP3 server.

If that does not help, the solution may be to remove the account from eM Client, then add it again. Be careful because deleting the POP3 account will delete all the POP3 messages in eM Client. You will have to copy or move the email in your Inbox, Sent and any other folders you have created to Local Folders before deleting the account. If you can’t see the Local Folders, you can enable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

Always make a backup before deleting POP3 accounts, just in case.

Thank you. I followed your advice. Deleting and re-creating the account appears to have fixed the problem.