Cannot put important back up back in after crashing EM

All backups have the same name? Date does not change?

Earlier you said you could not add accounts (or something like that) and you had to uninstall/install. Any errors onscreen, any errors in the Settings>Operations>Errors tab/Log tab?

@Trudie_Sargent

If you have eM Client for Windows, close eM Client.

Then go to the following (hidden) eM Client folder “C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client” and copy (everything in that folder) to a temporary location. Then delete everything in that hidden folder.

Next extract your eM Client backup_202108191809.zip and put all the contents of that zip file in that hidden folder. Then reopen eM Client and see if it then works ok.

If it doesn’t then try any other recent eM Client backup.zip files the same way as above.

2 Likes

Hi Skybat,

Thank you…I didnt know but now i do (google) and I have done it.
Again I installed a new EM client, did a restart…put in my two acconts and tried to restore the old back up.
NOTHING!!

1 - I first had that old backup on its own in the em back up location and nothing happens.
2 - Then i put some other (saved and new) backups with it, and em client asks you which one you want to restore and when i click on the old back up EM client sais:
The selected folder does not contain any backup files. Choose another location.
3 - Then i tried to put old back up into another location just in case…and again it sais:
The selected folder does not contain any backup files. Choose another location.

As i said before, it is like EM client doesnt SEE the old back up.
Before it did…several times i had to install a new EM client and had no problems.

I gues i will have to accept that i have lost everything, but its not fair :sob: :sob:

The question is still, "Is there now way i can get my storage folders out of that back up and make them usuable and visable for me?

Could it be an error of EMclient itself?

Thank you all for listening and thinking with me :slight_smile:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CYBERZORK…YOU ARE A GENIUSSSSSSS!!! :boom: :dizzy: :beers: :balloon: :tada: :gift:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, :smiley: :bouquet:

MUAH MUAH MUUUUAAAAAHHHHH!!! XXX

THAT WORKED!!!

I HAVE EVERYTHING BACK!!! WOOOWWW

ME VERY HAPPY NOW!!

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!! :grinning:

1 Like

miércoles 25 agosto 2021 :: 2129hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Trudie_Sargent

Frankly I don’t know the answer to your last question (Is there any way I can get my…)
However, if I was in your situation I would try something that might or might not work.
BUT before we go that route make a back up of what you have now: Menu -> Backup
When this is done just to make certain that restore works: Menu ->File ->Restore
Select this latest backup to confirm the restore process works.
If it does save this backup file somewhere safe.
NOW, this step is at your risk (it won’t wreck your computer) but it could mess the eMC installation, if does you will need to delete and reinstall eMC and use the saved backup to get you going again - I don’t need to tell you how to do this as you’ve done it so many times already you probably qualify for some sort of award.
FIRST a question about the ZIP repair; did the repair process find any errors (the size of the repaired ZIP will give you a clue to this)
HERE’S what I would try:
IMPORTANT - DISCONNECT from the internet & EXIT eMC
1./ Extract the contents of the problem zip file to a folder on your desktop
2./ go to C:\Users\your unique user name\AppData\Roaming\eM Client
2a./ If you can’t see this file open File Explorer ->on the header ->View ->Check Hidden Items
3./ Copy & Paste each item in the unzipped file folder and overwrite to eM Client in the above location
4./ Reconnect to the internet and attempt to run and keep your fingers crossed

Remember I do NOT know if this will work, but nothing venture nothing gain.

¡BUENA SUERTE!

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]

miércoles 25 agosto 2021 :: 2221hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey Trudie…

I just saw your reply to @cyberzork (under his message you should click the heart)
I am really happy for you
We both had the same idea, his was easier than mine.
I guess it goes without saying that the first thing you should do, after a celebratory drink, make a backup!
You should set your backups to 1Day & 5 backups
I also have a sub-folder where I store the last 21 backups - crazy perhaps but that’s me.

Relax for the rest of your evening!

Skybat

[email protected]

Hey Skybat, you are A GENIUS TOO!!! muah muah muah…
Yes same thing you wrote. Thank you very much!!

While repairing the back up with rar it didnt check what it said. Succesfully repaired and i didnt pay a more attention. Too anxious to get every done i suppose. 10 days fighting with this shit…backup and em clientt. YESSSS i am cualified for some sort of award un- and installing em client grrrrrrr
I have done it sooo many things… pfff But…its all solved now.

Now i got it setup for 5 back ups yes. But i have to wait till it makes the back up. There is no sign somewhere saying back up NOW.

Lets see what has happened tomorrow :slight_smile: Still have the old back up though so…fingers crossed. And yes…i will save some more back up in futures as you said.

I am going to drink a bottle of VINO now and relax!!! hihihihih.

Vives en España?

Un abrazo!!

What is clicking the hear under his message means. Just a heart or is it somewhere i have to click on.?

jueves 26 agosto 2021 :: 0807hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Trudie_Sargent

Just a couple of things…

You can do a manual backup NOW: Menu ->Backup (it’s second on the list)
Click on the heart to say thank you to @cyberzork
Finally, are you using a translation app?
Your spelling and punctuation has slipped a bit, I notice these things as I was brought up tri-lingual (Portuguese, English & Spanish)

Dijiste que estás en Europa, ¿dónde con un nombre que suena a Reino Unido?
Muchos abrazos también, ¡muy feliz por ti porque tu problema está resuelto!

Skybat

[email protected]

Hola Skybat.

Yes, i have put the heart and clicked on solution. So that is done.
Yes, i also saw in menu that i can back up NOW. And i have another backup now. Thank you. Lets see if it makes more back ups automaticly now :slight_smile:

No, i am not using a translation app. Is it that bad? hahahahhaha.
Slipped a bit…mmmmmm nice way of saying it. "slipped a bit " hahahaha

I am DUTCH. (Holandesa) But I lived in Spain for 35 years and in the UK for 8 years.
Motherlenguage Dutch, second Spanish, 3rd English :slight_smile:
Now at the moment I am in Holland because I have work here. I couldnt find a job in Spain at the moment and minus with my age. Soooo saludos desde Holanda!!!

The name Trudie is real, the rest is fake. Just a name…

Y si… soy muy feliz ya que todo está resuelto. Y claro, como comprenderás, ESTO ya no me va a pasar nunca mas . jejejeeje :slight_smile:

Un abrazo y un million de gracias.