Cannot empty trash folder

cannot empty trash folder in my main e-mail acct,but can in my secondary acct. Just started yesterday. Have most recent version of e-mail client. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem. Thanks!!

Right-click on the Trash folder and choose Properties > Repair.
If that does not work…
If that account uses IMAP, remove the account and re-add it but first do an eMC backup

Right-click on the Trash folder and choose Properties > Repair.
If that does not work…
If that account uses IMAP, remove it and re-add it or first

The repair did not work, How do you remove Imap and what do you mean by "or first "
I did uninstall e-mail client and re-installed but still the trash function did not work for my primary acct. It does work for newly deleted messages ,but it will not delete the remaining messages. Their are 9 messages in trash(older ones) left that i cannot trash. lets say i delete 3 new messages the total of messages in trash reads 12,and if i hit the empty trash icon it still leaves 9 not emptied out. Thanks for your help!! Have a good Sunday!!

SOrry for the horrible response I posted… teaches me to not do it after taking meds :wink:

I have updated the post…

Al, no problem. waiting for your new post!! have a good one!!

I corrected the existing post… quoted it here…

sorry al! Will try removing imap and re-adding it etc. Have a Good One!

Hopefully you meant the IMAP ACCOUNT… the one causing you grief with the trash folder

Al, yes i meant my Imap acct. Thanks!

Al i followed your instructions and bingo all is golden with the trash folder. It was empty when i opened it. Thanks for your help! :rofl: