Cannot empty the "UNREAD" favourites folder (EM Client PRO)

I have 439 x emails in my “unread” favourites folder that will not go away.

I have removed them from the main server, but EM Client Pro is still showing them in the UNREAD favourites folder, but not in the account inbox.

When I try to delete the emails, a small blue box appears at the bottom of the screen saying “mail deleted”, but the emails are not deleted. If I “mark the emails as read”, the grey out, but then return to bold again.

How do I reset the “Unread” folder?

The PRO knowledge base is out of date (2017) and suggests performing a database reset, but that function is not available in the latest EM Client pro software.

This is really annoying.

Can you right-click on the Inbox and choose Properties > Repair. If it is a Gmail or Gsuite account, right-click on the All Mail folder instead.

Another option will be to remove the account from eM Client, then add it back again. Make a backup using Menu > Backup before you do that.

Hi

The “properties > repair” method doesn’t work as it doesn’t give that function for the “unread” favourite.

The problem appears to have been with the database. I backed up everything, and then reinstalled EM Client. Of course, everything was reset; but when I imported the backup database the problem reappeared.

So I reinstalled all the IMAP email accounts from a fresh install and it is now working OK.

So, my request is that the “repair” function could be extended to the “unread” favourite, or greater flexibility to repair the database.

G

…following on from my message just now, it would be really useful if only parts of the backup database could be imported, rather than all of it.

For instance, it would be great if I could pick-and-chose what I want to reinstate; like “rules”, or just the “sent” folder, etc.

Thanks

That is not actually a folder of messages, so there is nothing to repair. What repair does, is delete the message cache and download it again from the server. But as a Favorite folder is just a filtered search, you will need to perform the repair on the actual folder.

Does that make sense?

Hi

Yes, but I repaired all of my account folders, which didn’t solve anything, so the problem was a glitch with the “unread” favourite. So perhaps another issue caused the problem.

Removing the account from eM Client should solve it.

Can you try the following:

1. Make a backup using Menu > Backup

2. Go to Menu > Accounts and remove the email account, then add it back again.

Hi,

Yes I did all that, and reinstalled the program from scratch; but the problem returned when I restored the backup.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter now as I have reinstalled the software, and recreated the email accounts without using any backup.

I’ve had similar issue basically this is the reason why I dont use the Unread filter, it count every unread email from the whole account and not just from the Inbox folder as far as I remember.
If like me you have multiple folder with some kind of archives for bank, receipt mail… Make sure all of those mail are mark as read.
Hope it help you.