Cannot download from exchange server SMTP error messages created by the server, error 500

Hello guys,

I am testing eM Client before buying it to my company, and notice that connected to an exchange server, it doesnt receive SMTP error messages from the server. I get an 500 error for the folder where those mails are and stop sync.

Here are the log errors:

16:39:56   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException:
Sync the folder ‘[email protected]/blacklist1/’ miss because the following error: The remote server give an error: (500) Internal error from server. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server gives an error: (500) Internal error of server.
16:39:56    in MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
16:39:56    em MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
16:39:56    em MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

This is a known bug or there is a way to solve this?

Note: I am using the must updated version available (7.0.27943.0) in windows 10

Hello Fábio,

If you’re getting this error, please delete the account and set it up again as Exchange. To do that, go to Tools -> Accounts -> New Account but skip the “Automatic Setup” option and in the “Mail” option click on the Exchange icon. Afterwards just enter your email address in both “Email address” and “User name” fields, enter the password and then be patient while eM Client is “Obtaining server configuration records”.
If you have any additional pre-sales questions (which we’ll of course be happy to answer), please contact us at [email protected]

Thank you,
Maurice