Cannot connect to server since changing internet connection

The internet service provider changed in my office today. Since connecting to the new ISP, I have had major problems with my EM client account (which is linked to my iCloud account). First it would not connect to the SMTP server, I think I fixed that, but it absolutely won’t connect to the IMAP server. I’ve turned SSL on and off, I’ve played around with authentication in settings, I’ve tried to use the fixing tool, nothing works. I’ve never been able to get my sent items to sync properly with iCloud so I’m having to use my iCloud account online but with none of my sent mail. I’ve also looked through this forum but all I can find are requests for the logs… do I have to do the same?

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release version of eM Client under Help > About? Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Since you’ve changed the ISP, maybe there are some port numbers being blocked, can you try to re-setup the account in eM client using the automatic setup.

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks for your very swift reply. Its version 6.0.21372.0. I recently checked for updates. Anyhow, I think I managed to fix the problem somehow by switching back to the old ISP, making sure the account/SSL/port settings were as they were originally, and then switching to the new ISP. It seems to have worked for now. Thanks!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul