Cannot connect to exchange server

I am about to give up, but, one last question:

Rather than discuss server version info that I confess am not 100% positive about, let me ask it this way —

Through tests, I find that my company Exchange server can be accessed using the Webdav and ActiveSync protocols, but not with EWS.  Are we saying that eM Client can only use EWS protocol, and therefore there is an insurmountable incompatibility?

Sorry to beat an apparently dead horse . . .

Also, as a suggestion for the introductory material and advertising for eM Client, might it not be a good idea to state the exact versions of Exchange server and/or the Exchange connection protocols that eM Client supports?  For users thinking about switching to eM Client, that might save some time in trial-and-error testing?

Hi,
yes we can only use Exchange Web Services for setting up the account with Exchange, even though it supports ActiveSync, this is actually due to licensing agreements.

Needless to say, if you’re using Exchange 2007 without service packs on your company’s server you could easily fix this issue, by getting the service pack (which is for free), but of course I understand you might have some reasons why not to adopt this, but we support all Exchange account on Exchange 2007 with SP1 and later.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

So it looks like eM client is not really an alternative for Outlook as I hoped.

I’m using MS SBS2011 and the Exchange here works (almost) like 2008 server. I’v all recent update installed. But even so eM Client is only able to read/load incoming mails via automatic Exchange setup. To send an email (SMTP) it looks like eM Client is able to use ONE SMTP access only. All the others get’s an error massage (see further comments here).

I’ve tried the manuall way also. There SMTP  work to send emails. But then I can’t recive them. So I should use for each email account one eM Client account to send mails (manual setup SMTP) and another to get the mails (automatic Exchange setop POP3/IMAP). That’s not what I expect from an alternative mail client. Are there any other solution or do I have to go back to Outlook? ;-(

Since the update I am doing fine on Win 10. However, I am unable to connect to my echange account on the Mac M1