Can you make backups of mail boxes

Is it possible to back up eM Client to a different drive to prevent loss of data in the event of a computer crash?
Having just downloaded eM Client to evaluate a replacement to the ever increasingly expensive MS Outlook I am very impressed with my initial impression but am long enough in this world to remember catastrophic disk failures.

Hi,
here is the instruction how to manually backup eM Client database files:

1. Make sure the Database repair tool and eM Client are not running.
  2. If you use Vista and higher, go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client, if you use XP, go to C:\Document and Settings\YourUsername\Application Data\eM Client .
  3. Copy the folder to some safe place (different drive as you suggested).

Also note that backup feature will be available with the version 3.0 of eM Client which is planned to be released in the middle of the year.

Many thanks for your prompt help and I look forward to V3.0

I am at version 4.0 and do not see backup feature.
It would really be helpful if EM Client supported incremental backup, that I could pair with cloud backup scheme such as SOS Online Backup. Currently the DAT file is too big and presumably risks corruption when backing up while the database service is running.

Email history is important in my work.

Can you give us an update on the plans for backup support?

We have finally implemented this feature and you can expect it in the upcoming version 5.0. (Beta will be released this week)